Welcome!

Get a glimpse into the life and and work of a Community Organizer and church worker in the heart of the Jersey side of the NY metro-area.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday 2012

Well, it's Lent again, and we begin the long march towards Easter. This morning I got my coffee and decided to begin thinking about the past year, as well as the one ahead, and I have to note some things that have happened or just things I've noticed since Lent last.

1. This winter is not nearly as snowy as 2011's.
2. I love that it is not that cold at all, much to the surprise of a few. I'm done with the cold, for three years I have lived in what is a relatively warm place in comparison to where I come from in Wisconsin. I have become a total wuss, and I want more sunlight!
3. I miss a lot of people. Some moved, some I moved from, but there are a huge amount of people who I no longer speak to regularly that I wish I could. Life moves on, I just hope I catch up with some of yours eventually.
4. I still have little to no idea about what I'm doing. But the good news is that I have some possible safety nets, all here in Northern NJ, and that makes me happy. (Crossing my fingers that I can stay in the immediate Hoboken area.)
5. This Lent I will go pescatarian.
6. This will be a rolling Lent for me, meaning I will attempt to add stuff as things go on (I'm looking at you, my running shoes, and all the long stair ways down the Palisades).
7. As always, I have a lot to reflect on. I'm holding many of you in my thoughts and prayers. Peace and blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment