Welcome!

Get a glimpse into the life and and work of a Community Organizer and church worker in the heart of the Jersey side of the NY metro-area.

Monday, July 2, 2012

See you in Indy

Tomorrow I head to my fourth General Convention of the Episcopal Church, and I'm very excited about it. I get to represent the Episcopal Service Corps, see old friends, and make swaths of new ones. Back in 2003 is when this segment of my journey began when I was able to join the General Convention Official Youth Presence.  It was then that my love for the Episcopal Church widened and deepened more than I could imagine. I sat behind Gene Robinson, who I spoke to and changed my perspective on human sexuality permanently, and for the better.

General Convention is a legislative and budgetary event yes, but more importantly to me it is a time to wrap yourself around the beauty and mystery of the Episcopal Church, it is a wider family gathering.

I attended in '06 and '09 as a diocesan deputy from Eau Claire, my beloved former home diocese. As I head back to it for round four, I am exhilarated to know I will see so many friends and reconnect with that which launched me into the church as not just a church but the basis of my life to this point.

See you in Indy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment